frog spawn is closed up

minireefer

Reefing newb
I have a problem with my medium sized frog spawn it has pulled all the way back in to its base for the last 3 days.I am scratching my head(opps left that out) to what has caused this.All my levels not changed.My nitrates are alittle high 25 or so but that is norm for my tank.I am hoping it has not died on me.any ideas or what i can attempt to get it to open up.:cry

Last edited:
Euphyllia divisa (frogspawn/octopus coral - Zooxanthellate: voracious feeder on meaty foods. Needs moderate to bright lighting, and moderate currents. will generally do best in an aquarium without hermit crabs, which often seem to be able to walk on the coral with impunity, but damage it in the process. Frogspawn will close up if the current is too high also. hope something here helps.

Last edited:
I found out what happened.My brother in law drukenly knocked into my tank and it fell over later the next day the wife put it back were it belonged,but it never came back out of its base

it is a gonner.I placed it in the sand,but I think it is long gone.I am looking for its replacement.Maybe a new zoo colony.I am also thinking about a green torch or a hammer lps.will see.As for the wife bro he is going to long gone pretty soon if get my way.

Last edited:
Back