Frogspawn and hammer coral help?

Depends on many factors...lights, water quality...some shit we have no idea about...but with good light and water should be making a new head every few months or so...supplemental feeding can help a lot as well...

ok just wanting to learn as much as i can about them i have learned the basics of them but thats about it. i do have mysis frozen shrimp for them to eat but i tried one time and they not eat but call my lfs and they had just fed them day i got it. so far they seem healthy and not unhappy to me. now to professionals Idk. lol

do you have any other advice or information ya can give me ? i have looked at that site before ............. well quite a few times before i even had my tank etc. great site.

Research stuff, A LOT! I am on forums constantly on my spare time. Go through some of the other member's tank threads and see what they do, what problems they face, and how they overcome them.

yeah im in the process of doing that it came with the tank. and my lfs and me are building a sump for it out of an old 10 gal. but i have no idea what im getting into to be honest have researched alot but hasn't really helped me

Get yourself a copy of the Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner. Read it, then start over and read it again. Its full of tons of information

Take your time, nothing in saltwater happens fast ;)

Most mistakes happen to new people who try to change too much too fast.

Research, get an idea, sleep on it a bit, then save up and research more, then finally go implement said idea =P

Best advise I have for you bud :)

Your corals look healthy, glad your thinking about a sump :) Growing some Macro Algae in your sump is a very good way to balance your little "ecosystem". I like to reference it to plants and animals in air how we need plants to keep our air balanced out giving us Oxygen ;)

yeah i am def. getting a sump do yal know exactly the price range will be ? ? i have the 10 gallon tank and the glass which will be the baffles. and what else will i need? one of my friends at the lfs said he will help me build it for free just want to get all supplies that i need. also what size pump will i need? it is a fluval stuido 600 tank 33 gal. tank.

Back