frogspawn...easy or not????

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
im kind of done with fish for now and have started on corals

i would like to get a frospawn but my LFS said they are difficult

now keep in mind this is the same person who sold me a goni and said they are easy... so anymore i take what she has to say with a grain of salt

looking for opinions

i have had my frogspawn for about 4 months now and it is doing excellent ... i feed all my coral once a week ... except my sun coral they get fed 3-4 times a week ... as long as the water parameters are good the frogspawn should take care of themselves ... JMO

Frogspawn = easy. One of the best corals to start off with for "beginners". No feeding is necessary (although some will take small meaty pieces like krill or mysis -- mine won't). Low to moderate flow, moderate light. Easy easy easy and cool as hell looking.

wow if frogspawn are hard then i must be a pro lol

so far mine has doubled in size and doing great

nothing special hehe

Frogspawn is a great coral to start with.Just a tad more touchy than zoas since they use calcium and carbonate alkalinity to build their skeleton.

Real easy like everyone already mentioned.Low flow and moderate lighting,doesn't need to be fed unless you rapid growth.

Mine loves to be fed. I will feed mine some mysis once a week using a turkey baster. It's neat to watch him eat. It immediatly closes up and digests the food.

they're eay, mines doing great.
Divided mine into 3 of them, doing well!

I have a 10gal nano, in which I have them in, they're doing great in it!

Attachments

• 100_0751.jpg
    100_0751.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 100_0752.jpg
    100_0752.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 343
  • 100_0757.jpg
    100_0757.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 100_0759.jpg
    100_0759.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 341
good site dustin, lots of info and to the point

im starting to think my LFS is worthless

oh some bad news...my salliy lightfoot died for no apparent reason yesterday

i thought the same thing
so i pulled the shell out and it sure didnt feel hollow
no split in the shell
i think she died
i will let you know if im wrong

also i ordered a frogspawn and a hairy mushrrom from the divers den today
pretty excited
the corals really bring your tank to life

easy peasy, I have one that i have split three times. One is at the top of my tank and one at the bottom?? And one in my nan0

im not that upset about the crab (although i thought she was pretty cool) its just when something dies i really want to know why

water params are good
temp is good
food was plentifull

so i feel like i need to go all Quincy on the crab (was that too old of a reference)

Back