Frogspawn vs Birdsnest vs Challice FYI

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
Frogspawn vs birdsnest= Frogspawn wins by a whisker

Frogspawn vs Echino(Challice)=Challice drops bombs!!!!!

My frogspawn(nicest coral I own) was growing into my pink birdsnest no big deal Ill move the froggy right, well that was the plan. I turn the lights on this AM and the darned thing fell on top of my red echino sometime through the night. It must have been knocked off by one of the tangs, so one of the heads is a pile of mush the rest of it looks good for now. We all know how sensative these things can be so Im just hoping that I didnt tear any of the other heads during the handling. Lesson learned-DONT DROP YOU EUPHYLIA CORALS ON YOUR CHALLICES!:mrgreen:

wow I'd assume the euphyllia would have more sting than the chalice... nice to know! How's the seriatopora then, didn't get stung?

The birdsnest lost some flesh at the end of one tip nothing major looks like a longer growth tip. Ive been keeping an eye on it, if any algae or otherwise starts growing Ill clip off the end .

The challice didnt show even a little bit of damage I wish I could say the same for the frogspawn.

My hydnophora will dominate most corals.

With that said, I did have my Monti Cap fall on my torch coral and it burned the entire center of the cap. The tissue did grow back.

Back