From one tank to another

Yogatoy

Reefing newb
Hey there, So tomorrow is the day I'm going to transfer my 60gal tank into my 200gal. I have been told many ways to do this, but each seem to be conflicting with the other. I was told that because the two tanks are in the same house, using the same water supply, etc, that i can simply just take everything, live Rock, Corels, aneomes and fish and put them in the tank. Others say I should treat it like any other fish transfer and do a drip to climate the fish.
There is about 12 fish, 6 shrimp, 10 hermit crabs, 6 snails, 70 lbs of live rock in my 60 gal, they will be interduced to 3 fish, and about 200lbs of live rock that are already in the 200gal.
Anybody have any suggestion on how to properly do the transfer.
Thanks

Although your using pretty much the same rocks and everything, I would still acclimate everything for at least a 1/2 hour. Saltwater fish have to adjust to more than just temp...they have salinity, temop, ph, alk, etc they have to adjust to...you could just transfer all livestock over, but taking your time and dripping them will help them thru the stress level of being disturbed and moved.
Good luck on the move and congrats on the larger tank. :)

So I should just drip everything for about an hour plus and transfer it all in one shot. Is there any need to transfer half 1 day and wait a couple days to transfer the rest?????

I would personally just acclimate for 30-45min and move it all at once since the new tank is already established and has fish in it.

I would probably be a water testing sun of a gun for a few weeks though to make sure nothing gets off after the moving.

but thats just me ;)

Back