Frozen brine shrimps

Jojo1628

Reefing newb
Is it okay to feed frozen brine everyday? I'm doing that now to my clown and the cleaner shrimp loved that too and would actually swim to the top of the water to grab the shrimp upside down!! Gotta love that...:bounce:, the other day I saw my cleaner shrimp fighting w/ my nassarius snail over a piece of algae waffer that I tossed in...to my surpise, cleaner was EATING that algae waffer like there's no tomorrow...lol, the nassarius snail was tossing around it's shell to fight over the algae waffer, it was an amazing scene...I do feed the shrimp dried and frozen brine shrimp, and I don't think I under feed...

You'd be better off to feed them mysis shrimp.Brine has no nutriential value.
Its alright as a snack,but not as a staple.

the general advice ive gotten from the begining has been mysis over brine

they will still tear up the mysis, providing enjoyment

I use THIS stuff. It tends to be on the more expensive side, but it has whole large mysis in it. They are about 4 times the size of the frozen mysis in the cubes.
Everyone else is correct with the nutritional value. You might also benefit from a good prepack meal (Biff usually has some good suggestions).

Thanks...I fed mysis shrimp, but the clown seems to prefer brine shrimp more...I guess I can mix it up a little for the adjustment...

Back