FTS 20gal.

JBReef

Reefing newb
Well I'v been laid off for 2 weeks now so I'v been back on here quit a bit and decided to do a little from begining till now pic thread. Hope yu all enjoy

The first day it started
Fish059.jpg

Added sump
Picture078.jpg

After a few corals
Picture081.jpg

And jump forward to as of this morning
test015.jpg

Thanks for checkin it out
Josh-

My wife was looking into the tank with a flashlight after lights out and came across 2 small tenticles. I took a plastic rod and moved it around and it appears to be 2 small (tenticles are about 1 inch long and the width of fine hair) serpant starfish. I have one in my tank but thats the only star I have

My question is how do they reproduce? or am I mistaken....They are very small.?

They can reproduce sexually and asexually. If one of their legs breaks off, it can grow into a new starfish as long as some of the disc is attached to the leg still.

You'd be surprised at just how many little starfish you have in there.You'll get micro-brittle stars as hitch hikers in the live rock.Most of time,all you'll see are their legs sticking out a hole.
Then theres spagetti worms,hair worms,verminted(SP?) snails,all of which would match your description.

I only have one serpant and his disk is about 1.5in in diamiter and all his legs and body look clean. they are living in an open hole of a branching GSP colony.

I just double checked them cause I do have a speg. worm that has similar colored tenticals but they are deff. serpant stars.

Hey I'm not gona complain. But I will keep an eye on them incase they turn out to be something els. I'll see what I can do for a pic on them.

Would you agree this is a curly cue or does it look like something els? The disk looks too big to be a CQ. let me know what you think.

5-28-09004.jpg

Back