fuge lighting question

garydm

Reefing newb
Ok Im told cheato grows some what fast and mine is still the same size it was when I brought it home 3 weeks ago......Mabye its my light.....I have a grow light from home depot the bulb is blueish in color.....What are you guys and gals running.....I may have a bad bulb though cause the 2nd time it came on it flickered like a bulb when it blows but it still glows so I didnt pay any attention....

i have on of these on my hob fuge its from aquatraders a 13 inch 24 watt pc light cost $22.90 my chesto grows pretty well with it.

Attachments

• 51101-2T.jpg
    51101-2T.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 244
I've got 4 "12 inch" t5 mini fixtures with various spectrum bulbs in them, as well as i also have a spiral compact flourescent, the 100W equivelant one, in a 2700K
color temp....

my calurpa grows like mad!

Ted - that is the same light I have on mine and I can't get mine to grow at all. I have even started losing some. I mixed it up a couple of days ago and brought some closer to the surface. I am hoping that will help.

I use a clip on flood with the flourescent twisty bulb inside 6500k this is a yellow light that loves to grow algae. I have also used shop light fixtures also from home depot again the yellower bulb the better.

well the bulbs I was using are crap.....Ive bought the spiral lights and there 150w worth of light but it only uses 40 and they say 2700k on them.....Ive had one just totally stop working after 3 days and the other has been going awhile but my cheato hasnt grown any with it...May buy the t5 light
mabye Im looking to hard at the stuff you now what they say about a watch pot never boils

yea, well, i have noticed one thing, every time you "stir up" the tank, its like progress just stops for anything from a day to a week,

so, what i've learned is to make a change and then wait 4-5 days to evaluate it... cause if i fiddle with it too often it never gets a chance to kinda settle back in and get comfortable again..

yea, well, i have noticed one thing, every time you "stir up" the tank, its like progress just stops for anything from a day to a week,

so, what i've learned is to make a change and then wait 4-5 days to evaluate it... cause if i fiddle with it too often it never gets a chance to kinda settle back in and get comfortable again..

you are right on the money if you change something you need to leave it alone for awhile to see if it work unless it causes something bad to happen

I used to have that problem until I got a very strong light for my fuge and now I have to cut the chaeto back at least once a month. Try at least 2 watts per fuge gallon of florescent light. I have 30 watts of Halogen light on my 3 g fuge. 15 watts was not enough. Halogens burn rather hot though.

Back