Fuge question

youtoo54

Reefing newb
Is there anything specific I can't put in my fuge? Right now it has the mystery mud, little bit of live rock, some chalupria and some cheato (from biff which i really need to post a little story about) and some snails. While it is in the base cabinet below the DT I would actualy like to clean it up a bit so its not sutch an eye sore and maybe putting something like a Mantis in there. Is that possible?

The chaeto arrived? Yay! It's possible to put inverts in the fuge. Lots of people put their "pest" animals in there -- bad crabs, shrimp, starfish, etc.

Yeap chaeto arrived and my secretary opened it and thought I had mail order "weed" coming in. LOL I think I want to shut my flow down, drain the water out of the fuge and clean out the nasty looking mud, put a different sub strate in the bottom with the live rocks. Will this bother any thing?

Yeap chaeto arrived and my secretary opened it and thought I had mail order "weed" coming in. LOL

Did they evacuate the building for a suspicious package sent from the Mexico border in Arizona? :mrgreen:

Did you get the miracle mud new, or did it come used w/ your fuge? Personally, I'd toss it and replace it w/ sand if it was used. You're supposed to replace 20% of the mud after a year, and that stuff's expensive. i have it in my fuge. Luckily, my fuge is small, and I still have leftover mud to do my partial change.

Back