Full tank Shots and My leather coral

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
Here's my full tank after aquascaping yesterday:

3957433180_fb4b8f474c.jpg

3956654809_297dd5ed8d.jpg

Heres my new "Big Girl" Tank getting a leak check!

3957432220_c4e7565801.jpg

For those of you that remember this coral after I got it I wanted to give you an update, yes it still looks like one:

3956654407_69c059bf58.jpg

horses hiding or are they not in that tank?

Horses like to crawl around in the grass and you have to play hide and seek a lot. Pegasus is in the upper right corner and she saw me taking photos and started doing the "feed me" dance.

Thanks,
C

There's one in the upper right of the tank. How many are in there C ?

I've got 4 in there. 3 are good feeders that come out and play with me whenever I'm around. 1, Calypso, won't take frozen food and she spends all her time focusing on fishing. I don't see her much.

Catherine

Have you lost any since starting in March?

Nope, I keep them in my tank so they don't get lost!

Seriously, I got one pair of erectus (black: Pegasus and Calypso) in March and got my barbori (started yellow but now are mostly black with some yellow to them: Phoenix and Star) about a month or so ago. Pegasus and Calypso were the same size when I got them but because Calypso won't take frozen food she's tiny, tiny and Pegasus is HUGE. Calypso is why I kind of freak about keeping a good pod population in my tank. If I could get her to eat frozen I wouldn't have to worry.

I can't believe I'm not getting jokes about my leather, you guys had a lot of fun with that one a few months ago!

Catherine

the Ocean Rider guys say you should fast your seahorses one day each week. With that in mind, and the fact that I've got a good population of pods in my tank I would feel very comfortable leaving them 4-5 nights with no food. I was in the hospital for a week and my husband forgot to feed them (I only had two then), when I got back they looked just fine. No skinny bellies and no signs of starvation. When I added my second pair of horses a month ago, little Calypso started getting pretty thin. I added 3 full orders of pods from : : : : Indo-Pacific Sea Farms : : : : and she plumped back up again. If I could figure out some sort of in tank refugium where my breeder pods wouldn't get eaten by my horses, my guess is that I would never have to feed them (but I would still hand feed because it's fun for me). I hope I can work that out in my 55 gallon because I really do worry about little Calypso. Like I said earlier, I've got erectus and barboli which are very hardy breeds of horses. My tank is dedicated to them so they've got no other competition for the pods. I have a couple other tiny tanks and I spend much more time dealing with the needs of my clown fish than I do my horses.

Catherine

every time i look at pics of your tank my first thought is "holy crap whats with all the macro algae!" then after a minute im like oooooh yeah i forgot she had seahorses in there.

Lookin good. hopefully the new tank is leak free.

would you want to mix a bristletooth and sea horses? Let alone put a tang in that small of a tank? Or are you saying just temporarily?

NOOOOOOOOOOO, there's not a spot of algae in my tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work hard to keep my seaweed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's where my pods breed and my horses fish!

I put the grass all over the back but I don't think I like it. I'll give it a few more days and see.

C

wow...I don't know why I didn't pick up on that :frustrat: :lol: ...too much drinking today; I'd stop, but there's still the night game tonight :dunno: ...I'll just have to hold off to post till tomorrow :lol:

Back