Fully stocked?

LS1CHEVY

Reefing newb
New to saltwater have 90 gallon tank with 15 gallon sump and protein skimmer. I have a couple corals. A carpet anenome,two clowns, 1 cardinal fish, one yellow tang, one foxface, one midnight damsel, a dogface puffer, a king blenny, two engineer gobies, three small fish that came with tank dk what they are, and a snowflake eel. Is that overstocked?

Attachments

• 20161023_154043.jpg
    20161023_154043.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 353
New to saltwater have 90 gallon tank with 15 gallon sump and protein skimmer. I have a couple corals. A carpet anenome,two clowns, 1 cardinal fish, one yellow tang, one foxface, one midnight damsel, a dogface puffer, a king blenny, two engineer gobies, three small fish that came with tank dk what they are, and a snowflake eel. Is that overstocked?
Dont plan on stocking anymore fish just corals

How long have you had this set up? If it hasn't cycled the the fish are doomed to die. If it came with some Damsels (I suspect that's what they are) I'd guess it's been cycled already. If those fish were all added gradually it should be ok. If they were all added at once you will have major issues. That many Damsels may end up thinking themselves out as well.

A lot of stocking issues depend on how much you feed and how clean your water needs to be. A good skimmer can take care of the bio load if you're feeding a lot. As long as you're not having aggression issues I'd say you were ok. I wouldn't plan on a lot of corals with the Puffer though. They will eat most of your cleanup crew. I have a porcupine puffer and need to replenish the crabs and snails fairly often.

Al lot of stocking issues depend on how much you feed and how clean your water needs to be. A good skimmer can take care of the bio load if you're feeding a lot. As long as you're not having aggression issues I'd say you were ok. I wouldn't plan on a lot of corals with the Puffer though. They will eat most of your cleanup crew. I have a porcupine puffer and need to replenish the crabs and snails fairly often.
Im actually going to take the puffer back.

If you're planning on a reef tank that's a good idea.
If you want an idea of tank size limits for fish I always check them out on LiveAquaria.com to see what they need. If they're all good with 90 gallons I'd say you're ok.

How long have you had this set up? If it hasn't cycled the the fish are doomed to die. If it came with some Damsels (I suspect that's what they are) I'd guess it's been cycled already. If those fish were all added gradually it should be ok. If they were all added at once you will have major issues. That many Damsels may end up thinking themselves out as well.

A lot of stocking issues depend on how much you feed and how clean your water needs to be. A good skimmer can take care of the bio load if you're feeding a lot. As long as you're not having aggression issues I'd say you were ok. I wouldn't plan on a lot of corals with the Puffer though. They will eat most of your cleanup crew. I have a porcupine puffer and need to replenish the crabs and snails fairly often.
Ive had it set up for 6 months person before me had it set up for over a year. Kept same water so its definetely cycled water tests great.

Back