Fuzzy crab...reef safe or no?

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
5538473023_0c9f9de861_b.jpg

Yep, gorilla crab. You can try setting a trap using a soda bottle.

I actually just stuck a clear plastic cup I use for various stuff in there and flicked him into it with my finger he didnt put up a fight at all. I put him in a bucket to take to the store today but when I woke up he had died. I didnt want him in my tank but I feel bad that he died. :(

Don't flick him so hard next time you cruel jerk! Jk ;) glad you a. Spotted it and b. Got it out though! Since they can kill lots if things.however im not sure if its a gorilla crab, gorillas have black tips on the end of their pinchers.... from the pic this one appeared not to. But it looked close enough to not risk it.

I don't know what your complete setup entails BUT in the future you could totally throw that guy in a sump or refugium if you wanted to be able to keep it but not have it in your DT

Don't flick him so hard next time you cruel jerk! Jk ;) glad you a. Spotted it and b. Got it out though! Since they can kill lots if things.however im not sure if its a gorilla crab, gorillas have black tips on the end of their pinchers.... from the pic this one appeared not to. But it looked close enough to not risk it.

I don't know what your complete setup entails BUT in the future you could totally throw that guy in a sump or refugium if you wanted to be able to keep it but not have it in your DT

A. No he definitely had black claws i examined him really good before getting him out.

2. I barely flicked him! I think he was in shock from the move he wasnt very active at all.

D. I dont only have a cheato HOB filter my tank is only 27g

Back