Garlic - what form?

montoya

Reefing newb
For those of you are "spiking" your food with garlic - what do you use? Are you buying one of the commercial garlic supplements? Do you simply squeeze a drop or two of fresh garlic juice over the food? Do you use a pinch of powdered garlic from the spice rack?

I would like to try garlic with my fish - especially my angel that appears to have Lymphocystis. I'm not sure how to go about it however. I also believe fresh garlic juice is somewhat oily? I don't want to have my tank with a garlic flavored oil slick on the surface :shock:

Thanks!

You can use the juice from fresh garlic or buy the stuff.I use Kent garlic extreme myself.Run some carbon if you're worried about the smell.I only run carbon one week a month and has never smelled garlic breathe coming from my tank.

I recently made some fish food for like 5 dollars. Mostly raw shrimp and some raw scallop then one clove of garlic. Mix it in the blender and then freeze it in ziplock baggies in a thin paste. Then break off what is needed when feeding.

Brian

I usally thaw the food in the fridge a couple different types. Now (just started wasn't before) I dump it in a brine net and rinse it off with RO water then I dump it into a container and add a few drops of gralic. My fish love it.

Kyle, garlic is an appetite stimulant for fish and also boosts their immune systems to help prevent and fight off disease.

I have used both the SeaChem and Kent Marine garlic extracts, although a lot of people just get the oil themselves from garlic cloves.

Back