General Info of Copepods ?

Lesely

Reefing newb
I had a lot of copepods in my tank, would see them on the glass of the DT and sump in the evening all the time.
I haven't seen them for ages. Specially since I cleaned the sump completely .
Luckily both my dragonets eat anything that goes in the tank including flake foods & all frozen foods.
How can I get some copepods back ?
Do I buy them ? do they naturally occur ? I don't know much about how they get into the tank to start with and why I am not seeing them any more.
Thanks

If you have LR or chato in your sump it will provide a safe breeding ground for pods. You can buy then but they usually hitchhike in on live rock. I'm sure your mandarins are having a impact on their population.

Is it true that low nutrient systems struggle to keep them because the feed in detritus ? Cause if it is then that's probably why ?

I have read that LNS have trouble keeping them but to be honest i don't know. There's people here more qualified than me to answer you. So where the hell is everyone??

Barbequeing, duh. Cuz it's national bbq weekend, or memorial day, whatever that means. Remember what? The ketchup! And napkins.

Pods need algae and detritus to sift through for food.

As for BBQing, bacon wrapped pork roast FTW!!

9348005182_0d1a08ce28_z.jpg

Love good southern cooking. Living in Seattle it is hard to get any good food at all. You should see what passes as bar-b-que around here. On the other hand, I hope you never see it.

Back