getting a feather duster home

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
Anything special about transporting a feather duster home? The last time I bought some live rock they just tossed it into a bag. This one I am looking at has a duster on it and I want it to be safe

The ones that I have came shipped in a bag of water. I just dripped them for 3 hours and then added them to the tank. They have stayed put for several months now.

I normally place my creatures in a 5 gallon bucket (sometimes I have to tilt it if there is not enough water). Then I use IV tubing (because it has a roller control) and put the main end in my tank with the other end in the bucket and drip about 1 drop per second for 3 hours.
Look at this website:
Caring for Rose Anemones the right way - INTRODUCTION
Look under the section for acclimization. She sets hers up the same way I set mine up. She has pictures to help you.

didnt really have a drip sort of setup so i just set the bag in the water and every so often let just a touch of water in...it worked well the feather duster just jumped out as soon as i unwrapped it all happy like lol... bear in mind this is my first live thing...its not in my large tank, i put it in my live rock tank that i have seeding the lace rock i got. My parameters have been steady and good so i figured hey might as well try something small and so far so good!

Back