getting rid of bristle worms

JasonLee

Reefing newb
What is the best way to rid myself of the bristle worms in my tank???
My coral goby was going great and today when I went to feed him I found a huge bristle worm (30 cm / 1ft) trying to pull him into the hole that it was hiding in...

So my poor coral goby is no more :(

I have no idea how many other bristle worms I have in my nano though I did remove one the other day that was dead that had a bright blue head (I'm guessing my blue coral didn't like being munched on)

Actually, even when they are gigantic they dont actively hunt heathy animals. The goby was dead or dying for another reason.

But the one with a blue head doesnt sound like a bristle worm, it sounds like another type of worm that isnt reef safe. I believe the name starts with an "e" but i cant remember the rest.

thanks everyone :)
I'm just really disappointed as I waited 4 months to add my one and only fish to the tank and that he only lived for a few days.....

Now I'm pretty curious as to why it died... as It was swimming around and hunting down food and everything the afternoon before...
All of my water readings are normal and I do 10% water changes a week in my nano...

Ohh well I guess I'll have to wait another month and get another fish

well clown gobies are perchers and dont really move that much to beggin with , the worm prob thought it was an easy prey and stung it , im just blowing hot air here, im pretty sure my comment will be disproven lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djCF1NLatps&feature=BFa&list=WLA901F2421B8554FF&lf=plpp_video]eunicid worm caught - YouTube[/ame]

Back