GFO & Carbon Reactor

Nanna

Reef Freak
What would you recommend: separate reactor for each; combined reactor; or no reactor? I have a 55g reef tank. Right now I'm using a protein skimmer, a hang on water filter and doing 10g water changes every week 1/2. I'm looking to start bringing "more technology" into my tank to help out with my maintainace. Hopefully I will get my fuge up and running in the next couple of weeks. What else will I need that I should start working into my budget? Any input and comments will be greatly appreciated.

Are you having issues that require you to add a Phosban reactor? I just took my carbon reactor off line a couple weeks ago. I had run GFO for a while before switching over to bio pellets. If your issues are very minor, I'd say use one. Run the GFO in it for a period of time. When you are ready to change out, run carbon for a couple days to polish your water, and then back to the GFO.

I'm not having any issues at this time. Only a minute amount of algae in my tank. Phosphates were a little high but I'm using some Phosban and that has brought it down to almost zero. I was thinking this might be a good preventative measure. I'm prone to overfeeding. The carbon was just to polish my water.

Your ideal sounds perfect for what I'm wanting to do.

Personally, I have not had any issues running my BRS dual reactor, but I had a bunch of rocks that had soaked up phosphate. I also run a scrubber (probably overkill, i know) as well as a fuge. Maintaining the reactors is another thing you have to maintain as well as another pump that is needed.

If you are prone to overfeeding, then it may be a good idea.

+1 fast

Back