Gfo

two possibl ways. If you have a simple hang on back filter some and has a large enough chamber you can put some in a media bag and drop it in. I have an aquaclear filter that I put a small bag of Chemipure Blue in it It has a GFO in the bag. Another way but a bit more bulky is run a reactor where the pump is on the inside of your tank and run a line to a reactor that hangs on back and the inlet line back into tank. Phosban reactor hangs on tank but I am sure others do as well

two possibl ways. If you have a simple hang on back filter some and has a large enough chamber you can put some in a media bag and drop it in. I have an aquaclear filter that I put a small bag of Chemipure Blue in it It has a GFO in the bag. Another way but a bit more bulky is run a reactor where the pump is on the inside of your tank and run a line to a reactor that hangs on back and the inlet line back into tank. Phosban reactor hangs on tank but I am sure others do as well
gfo requires a slow tumble or it will become solid and not absorb the phosphates.

True but mixed with carbon it stays seperated enough. Check out Chemi-pure Elite or the new Chemi -pure Blue as an example. See description from website below. It comes already in a bag ready to drop in. It worked wonders in by 16 gallon nano. Also heard of people putting regular GFO in a media bag mixed with carbonand putting in high low areas of sumps. Yes it will clump but is an alternative.

Chemi-Pure Elite adds ferric oxide to the original Chemi-Pure formula to also remove phosphates and silicates, making it the only complete choice for filtering any kind of aquarium. With Chemi-pure Elite, we have taken the next step in keeping Chemi-pure the ultimate and complete choice for filtering your aquarium. Chemi-pure is the latest in aquarium science.
Get all the benefits of Chemi-pure now with the added benefit of being able to remove all your phosphate and silicates. NO need for bulk Iron Oxide removers or spending additional money on a phosphate reactor. Chemi-pure Elite keeps making your aquarium maintenance easier
I Pat

[QUOTE="Rob M, post: 663237, member: 9795"

Chemi-Pure Elite adds ferric oxide to the original Chemi-Pure formula to also remove phosphates and silicates, making it the only complete choice for filtering any kind of aquarium. With Chemi-pure Elite, we have taken the next step in keeping Chemi-pure the ultimate and complete choice for filtering your aquarium. Chemi-pure is the latest in aquarium science.
Get all the benefits of Chemi-pure now with the added benefit of being able to remove all your phosphate and silicates. NO need for bulk Iron Oxide removers or spending additional money on a phosphate reactor. Chemi-pure Elite keeps making your aquarium maintenance easier
I Pat[/QUOTE]
Do you work for chemical pure or is this straight off the label?
If a 1 product takes care of all of that..... it's to good to be true.

I stated above it was quote from their website. I never said it was a miracle product just was an alternative that worked for me in my situation and just trying to help a fellow reefer. I have two tanks one 70 gallon that runs a Phosban reactor and my smaller nano which I needed to find an alternative. There are more than one way to skin a cat and was I completely open minded to try a different approach and worked. Enjoy your weekend

I am trying to wrap my head around this. I obviously do not use Chemipure, I didn't know they would put gfo in it. I used 4 cups of gfo/ month. I would think the gfo in one of those Chemipure bags would be fully saturated after 2 to 3 days.
On a side note, I don't think gfo is the cure all for our phosphates. If you choose to go down this route, watch your corals and don't use it with clams.

Back