Girl Clowns vs Boy Clown?

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
I was told by my LFS guy when I bought my maroon clown that he would always have to be the only clown in my tank. My daughter wants to get rid of her clown so she can get a seahorse and I'm wondering if I really can't put these two clowns together? I read about how these guys can change gender, would they do that? Or, would they kill each other first? They would be the only two fish in a 15 gallon aquarium.

C

If your daughters clown is a maroon and is either ALOT bigger or A LOT smaller than yours,then it MAY not be that big a deal.
The problem with adding another clown,is the new fish has to be either bigger or smaller than the estabilished fish.If not,then the fights on.

i wouldnt even try it, they only sure fire successful way to have to clowns together in the same tank when one is a maroon clown is to buy a pair

They are both maroon clowns and both about the same size. Right now they are in separate tanks that are next to each other. At first one was banging on the glass so I put a sheet of paper between the two tanks. They started hanging out next to each other in the back corner so I removed the paper. Now they are usually next to each other but still in separate tanks. I might put one in a baggie and float it to see what the reaction is.

get a piece of plexi glass to separate them in the same tank or or put on in an acclimation container so they are in the same tank and see how they respond

If your daughters clown is a maroon and is either ALOT bigger or A LOT smaller than yours,then it MAY not be that big a deal.
The problem with adding another clown,is the new fish has to be either bigger or smaller than the estabilished fish.If not,then the fights on.

+1 yote

Back