Glass For Saltwater Aquariums

Well here are the pictures. I don't know how I managed to get this monster out of the car by myself but I did..... I know that wasn't smart but I needed it out of the car and there was nobody around so I had to do it. :) One thing the tank didn't have were the bulkheads in the overflow box nor the drain and return pipe but that shouldn't be a problem since I can make them or buy them. :) also the dimensions of the tank are 72Lx30Hx24W which makes it 225g not 220g..... a 5 gallon difference lol :)

Sorry about the glare but it I would had closed the garage they would had been worse.

101.jpg

109.jpg

102.jpg

108.jpg

107.jpg

103.jpg

Now these are the seams I don't know if I should replace then or what.... What do you guys recommend? They don't look too bad but their kind rough not smooth..

106.jpg

105.jpg

Hey guys I have a question. I know the bottom glass of the tank is tempered because it has a sticker that says TEMPERED! Does this mean that the back is also tempered? The reason why I ask is because I was planning on doing a CL but if the glass is tempered then I can't. Is there any way of finding out if the glass is tempered?

Usually the sides are not, but to find out for sure, grab a pair of polarized sunglasses (you can get cheapos from any gas station). Look at your car windows -- see the weird pattern of circles and dots? Then look at your tank's bottom. It should also have a weird pattern. Tempered glass looks funky with a polarized lens.

Usually the sides are not, but to find out for sure, grab a pair of polarized sunglasses (you can get cheapos from any gas station). Look at your car windows -- see the weird pattern of circles and dots? Then look at your tank's bottom. It should also have a weird pattern. Tempered glass looks funky with a polarized lens.

Thank Sarah.... I will try that tomorrow.

How come that has the same dimensions as my old 210g. yet that one is 225g.

Congrats,seams don't look bad to me.It looks like an Aqueon aquarium.You can buy the overflow kits(durso standpipe,bulkheads) at most LFS...or make them yourself,of course.

How come that has the same dimensions as my old 210g. yet that one is 225g.

Congrats,seams don't look bad to me.It looks like an Aqueon aquarium.You can buy the overflow kits(durso standpipe,bulkheads) at most LFS...or make them yourself,of course.

Hmmm Im not sure. I used an aquarium gallon calculator online and I just typed in the numbers and it gave me 225

Back