Glass scratch remover kits?

Dturner

Reefer Madness
Hello guys,

Does anyone know of any glass scratch remover kits for aquariums?

I bought this 90 gallon tank today at a great price, but the front has about 4 light scratches that kind of catch my eye every now and then. The guy I bought it from says he has heard of scratch removal kits for glass.

Anyone know of any good places online to order one?

I would fill it with water and look at it again.
A lot of times you can't even see the lighter scratches after you put water in.

I don't know of any "kits", but there are things you can do, although they may end up making the glass look worse if you are not careful. As Erin said, usually the scratches are not noticeable when the tank is filled with water. On the other hand, if the scratches are big, algae can grow inside them and then you will never get rid of the brown lines on the front of your tank!

BAS ~ Removing Scratches From A Glass Tank

How to Remove Scratches on a Glass Aquarium | eHow.com

I agree with above posters. If it still erks you like a few did on my 90. It's best to find a quailfied glass restorer. I've worked in auto body shops where we restored old cars when windshields were hard to come by. They use several different soft foam pads along with a two step compound, then finish it off with polish with a buffing hand held buffer through out the process. My guy came right out to the house and it came out purrfect and I wasn't charged since he said he's never done a fish tank before LOL.

Back