glue question help

imdaring

love my reef
:frustrat: OK I'm having a problem glueing down 2 of my new small coral I have a fuzy finger leather and a reg ringer lether both are like 1" I have try's to glue them down to rock and a mall disk and they keep coming off?? Should I try a disk again and keep them on the bottom of the tank till they get a little bigger?? I'm using reef gllue I seem to have better luck with the cheep crazy glue from walmart.. any advice on glueing

Use the cheap crazy glue. Super glue gel works the best. Any kind of super glue gel. I'm not familiar with Reef Glue, but I'm betting it's 10 times as expensive as crazy glue.

Super glue gel cures rather quickly once it makes water contact. So if posible take the rock out of the tank,wipe place where you want glue to go, apply super glue to rock, then place coral in glue. Then I dunk/place it in a container of water taken from the tank. After a few minutes I check it. If it takes I put in MT. If not I repeat the process. If I can't take the rock out I use epoxy.

once again....
SNB14150.jpg

The super glue gel and the reef glue are actually the exact same thing (chemically speaking), so you may as well go with the cheaper version of the two. :D

If you go with the epoxy try mixing it and letting it set a few min before putting it on your coral. Make sure to get it nice and pushed in to the grooves as I have found that it doesn't really stick coral and rock together, but it will set and not be able to come out of the crevices.

The slime off the leather corals may keep the glue from sticking to it.Try using a rubber band to hold the leather in place.It'll attach itself to the rock in a week or so.

If your having trouble with a rubberband just stick a toothpick through the base of the leather about an inch from the bottom. Then tie the rubberband around the toothpick. Remove it in about a week.

Back