Going down the toilet

Sara

Reefing newb
Hey everybody! I know I haven't been here much lately but all of a sudden my life as taken a major turn and to make it short. Tim and I are breaking up and I am moving out. How do I move my tank? I know there are probably a million threads on here already about how to move but I need to look for a new place to live ASAP and I need all of your help. Please guys. I'm freaking out.

Sorry to hear about you and Tim. Since you have a 30 gallon tank, it will be pretty easy to move. Go buy yourself a rubbermaid tub or two and move your rock, coral, fish and water into the tubs. Depending on how long they are going to be in the tubs, you might want to buy a small heater and powerhead for each tub.

Drain as much water from your tank as you can. It will be easy to move a 30 gallon with the substrate in it, so just leave the sand. Then when you get it to where you want it to be, I would add the old water back to it (as long as it hasn't been more than a day or so). If it has been more than a day, then I would add 50/50 old water/new water. Put your rocks, coral and fish back in, they should be good to go.

i agree with biff. i think she just sits and waits for people to post so she can always beat us to the replies !!

sara, sorry to hear about this. i was actually about to pm you to see what has been going on since i have not been hearing from you. biff is exactly right. 30 gal will be simple! just think about me. im going to move within the next 8 mos or so and i have to worry about a 180, 80, and a 36. ugh! 30 will be no probem :) pm me if you wanna chat, sorry to hear that things are not going well but well or not LR is always here. even when im having a terrible time cahnces are Yote or someone else is feelin good :)

sorry for your loss. The bright side is that your tank move will be much more simple than healing from a long term relationship ending. I am here if you need something. I am not sure if you are suprised, I seem to remember you hinting at something like this happening as a possibility.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

the post about his 135 almost up and running. The shameless self advertizing that goes on here. Makes me chuckle.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Back