Going on Vacation Help !!

crazy cajun

Reefing newb
Ok im leaving in 1 week to go on vacation for 10 days, i have no one to tank sit and i fixed up my auto top off to take care of the water but im wondering about feeding while im gone, i feed frozen every other day, occasionlly i throw a few flakes in once a month and they eat them just fine so do i just set up a auto feeder with flake food for the time im gone??? if so whats a good feeder for this? or any great suggestions welcome. and do i leave my regular light cycle on for the corals?

Kevin

Flakes aren't really good for water quality, but I guess it's better than nothing. I suggest also you get Formula one Pellets. My fish and cuc love it.

I don't use auto feeders, so maybe someone else will suggest one for you. Sure you can't have a neighbor or friend pop in every couple of days? I pre-measure my frozen food for my pet sitter, so all they have to do is thaw and toss in. No chance of over-feeding that way.

I think you can use the flake food for sake of conveniece while you'll be out. Flake food isn't the best, but in a pinch it will be just fine. I wouldn't spend a whole lot on an autofeed since I doubt you'll be using it much unless you're out of town a lot.

i just bought the Eheim 3581 and some Formula Two Marine pellets i guess it should work ok, oh by the way i bought the one that was for turtles, its the same exact component but it comes with a mounting bracket that you can fasten to the side of the tank the fish version does not come with it

Attachments

• 504626.jpg
    504626.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 261
  • 3581withpackaging.jpg
    3581withpackaging.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Back