Going to build a protein skimmer/sump

Ocho

Reefing newb
Well it's expensive to have two hobbies #1 skydiving #2 starting a good salwater setup.
Iam a mechanic and a fabricator,so for me o pay so much $$$$$ for something i can make,and make it work well, is silly. I have found some distributors in my area that sell Clear PVC ad fittings by the foot. So now the air supply is going to be a cyclone- with a multiple air stones. Iam sure that some of you have either tried this or know somebody who has, if you have any pics or design info for me iam all ears.iam going to use either a 10 or little bigger to make a sump refugium setup also with a top to help with the water evaporation. Thanks for any input to help me on my way:^::^::^:

Check our DIY section, I believe some people have successfully made protein skimmers, however I will also tell you this, a good skimmer is invaluable in this hobby, so if you can not make one, and make one well, you are better off purchasing one. I am not in any way trying to discourage you from innovating and saving yourself some money, just know the importance of the piece you are trying to fabricate and take your time.

Back