Goldfish help

WannaRace

Reefing newb
Just curious to know if anyone has had any experience with the medication Tetracycline. My girlfriends goldfish seems to have a bacterial infection, scales turning red, almost raw looking. They are peeling away from his body. I treated with Tetracycline for 3 days, twice a day. Just curious if anyone can really pinpoint the disease and tell me how long until full recovery after treatment? He seems to be getting better so far..

it sounds like fin / scale rot. It takes about two weeks for full recovery. I have not used that med before, but I imagine it is similar to melafix

-Doc

tetracicline is well known its efficacy on bacterial infection in fishes..dont use it for more than 5 days or youll kill the normal intestinal flora of the fish and youll be in trouble there...also is it recomended trough the therapeutical period to keep ligths out cause tetracicline can cause photosensivity...good luck!!

tetracicline is well known its efficacy on bacterial infection in fishes..dont use it for more than 5 days or youll kill the normal intestinal flora of the fish and youll be in trouble there...also is it recomended trough the therapeutical period to keep ligths out cause tetracicline can cause photosensivity...good luck!!

One of those rare helpful moments from Rigo.:bounce:

Rigo,

we all have our special talents. Yours is clearly medicine. Dominick is corals, Yote is our inside LFS contact, mine is emotional support, Biff has super-human mod powers and Redline is our comic relief.

Together, there isn't anything we can't figure out!!! :bounce:

-Doc

Back