Gonna stump everyone with this one!

Grassman

Reefing newb
This started to grow shortly after the aglaes when crazy. It's the red flower looking thing the blenny is swimming around. Damn blenny loves having his picture taken and kept sitting on the stuff I wanted a picture of. My thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 122 - What is it.jpg
    122 - What is it.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 352
  • 123 - What is it 2.jpg
    123 - What is it 2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 320
vary bad if it is but hard to tell id wait on a second opinion i could be wrong, in algae scection of forums i think there is a sticky about it go chack it out and see if it looks the same. like i said its kinda hard to tell from that pic

vary bad if it is but hard to tell id wait on a second opinion i could be wrong, in algae scection of forums i think there is a sticky about it go chack it out and see if it looks the same. like i said its kinda hard to tell from that pic

I had a look at the red turf in the algae forum and it's not like that. It looks like the head of a carnation <sp.> My camera's not good enough to get a good close up of it. I'll try the video camera tomorrow if I get a chance.

Theres alot worse things than red turf....

Not sure about your algea issue that stuff looks weird tho!

it looks like the sprout of a predea species of algae, a globular red type that I think is always a keeper. It is in the super family Nemastomacae, but it isn't in the Nemastoma genus. My guess it is Predea feldemanii, but it is early to tell yet. Anyway google "nemastoma aquarium" in google images and you will see a match for it. Congrats, that is a good find. Keep herbivores from eating if you can.

it looks like the sprout of a predea species of algae, a globular red type that I think is always a keeper. It is in the super family Nemastomacae, but it isn't in the Nemastoma genus. My guess it is Predea feldemanii, but it is early to tell yet. Anyway google "nemastoma aquarium" in google images and you will see a match for it. Congrats, that is a good find. Keep herbivores from eating if you can.

Thank you. I googled it, and that was it. Too bad it's not there now. I moved the rock out a bit to rest another one on it, and I think my urchin had a feast. I did find this one in the tank yesterday just 1 big leaf, but it's gone today.

Attachments

• rhodophyta.jpg
    rhodophyta.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 236
Back