Gonzales Glass in New Braunfels TX

project5k

Reef enthusiast
I know that this is extremely local, so for most people, this is useless, but.....

If you are within reach of Chris(thats the guy's name) he will give you some of the best service with a smile, and get you what you need/want, and all at a very reasonable price.

I highly recomend him.

sorry to thread hijack, heres the pic of the tank i built..

P1010575.jpg

P1010576.jpg

P1010577.jpg

P1010578.jpg

so, what does your shop charge for 5 parts, 20x20 1/4 thick, oh, and do you know where i can find a chart that will tell me how much span i can have on a given thickness of glass?

its all in the depth mostly for what glass thickness you would need. deeper the tank higher the pressure will be and in turn will need thicker glass.. 1/4 thick glass does it have nice polished edges or is it just seamed?

well, if i do the same thing for this as i did for the baffels i got, then they will be "sanded" with like 120 grit on the edges...

good price, you dont wanna know how much it cost them though lol maybe about 25 bucks maybe 30 if that..i buy stock sheets like 60x100 or 72x100 for 1.15 sq ft or less and sale 1/4 clear for 8.00 sq ft usually..

yea, its just like the blocks of aluminium i buy to make stuff on my CNC mill, i buy it at industry cost, but then by the time i've machined the parts, done the engineering and approvals and everything else, i end up charging my customer between 2 and 20 times the materials costs for the finished product...

oh and after measuring several things, i figured out that i cant make a 20x20 fit, so i gotta go back and figure out what will fit, and how many gallons it will hold, then figure out if its worth the cost of the glass, much less my time to silicone it all together and go through the stress of "is it gonna leak?"

thats a spiffy widget!

is the glass thickness pretty accurate to what is needed for the spans and weights of the water?
so if it sais 3/8 then i should use 3/8 rather than 1/4?

Back