Good Aquarium Info books

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by bjohanson1234, Nov 9, 2006.

1. bjohanson1234

bjohanson1234 .........

I dont know about you guys but I like reading the old fashioned way. On paper instead of on a computer screen. So I am always on the look out for some good referance books on aquariums and any other interests that i have.

So if you know of any that would be helpful, let me know about them and so every one else on the boards know of them too.

A couple that I have are
    Natural Reef Aquariums by John Tullock

Very informative on setting up different kinds of natural reefs by keeping the species from the same areas in it. And what you can do with the lighting. And also about setting up natural ways of denitrating by using live rock and DSB.

The Book of The Marine Aquarium by Nick Dakin

Has a list of about 300 species of fish and their care requirements. Also has information on setting up tanks but i found the other book more informative.

Brian

bjohanson1234, Nov 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. bjohanson1234

jermpool NAAO President

I agree, nothing like a good informative book. Here is 2 that I have and 1 that I plan on buying. I also have one that is all about water chemistry thats pretty good called: Water Chemistry For The Marine Aquarium by John H. Tullock.

I have Saltwater Aquarium Fish: Aquarium Corals: Selection, Husbandry and Natural History

I have Half.com / Books / A PocketExpert Guide: Marine Invertebrates 500+ Essential-to-Know Aquarium species

I plan to buy next Saltwater Aquarium Fish: Pocket Guide to Marine Fishes

jermpool, Jan 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. bjohanson1234

Bifferwine I am a girl

What a coincidence! Tomorrow is my birthday and I got to open the gifts from my husband tonight (because I have no patience) and he bought me A Pocket Expert Guide: Marine Invertebrates 500+ Essential To Know Aquarium Species AND A Pocket Expert Guide: Marine Fishes 500+ Essential To Know Aquarium Species. I found all my animals in them. They are cool. Neal did good this year. :beerchug: :claphands :luxlove: :heartpump

I also have this other book called "A Beginner's Guide to Saltwater Aquariums" and I followed a lot of advice in it when I first set up my tank, only to find out a lot of it was wrong and didn't work for me!

Bifferwine, Jan 20, 2007
  4. bjohanson1234

jermpool NAAO President

Jelly has SW Aquariums for dummies and after I saw where they recomend an undergravel filter I didn't read any more of it.

jermpool, Jan 20, 2007
  5. bjohanson1234

Bifferwine I am a girl

Yep, that's what "A Beginner's Guide to Saltwater Aquariums" said. So I started with an UGF and shortly after joining this forum, ripped it out. I think this forum is more useful than any book out there.

Bifferwine, Jan 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question