good flow rate?

dannyboy

PLUHH
Hi everyone, it's been a long time. I'm converting my fowlr tank over to reef, gonna be askin a lot of advice in near future. First, what is a good GPH flow rate? I have a 125 display w/ a 75 sump/fuge. Currently running a coralife skimmer in sump, 220 model think it is and I have 2 return pumps, one is a mag-7, the other is a maxi-jet, w/ head height both should be averaging 400-500 gph. One feeds the fuge so maybe only half is getting back to the display, I feel I need more turn around. Any advise will be well taken. TY in advance.

I meant the return pumps from sump. I am running 2 Aqua clear 70's in the main for power heads, thought if I could get enough flow from the sump return lines, (1 on each side of tank) that that should be enough movement. I have a few more power heads kickin around, shoul I use them? Thanks again

I meant the return pumps from sump. I am running 2 Aqua clear 70's in the main for power heads, thought if I could get enough flow from the sump return lines, (1 on each side of tank) that that should be enough movement. I have a few more power heads kickin around, shoul I use them? Thanks again

Yes, use as many powerheads as you can...for the return pump...you want 10x the size of the tank. In your case something like a Mag 9.5 (950 gph)..but you'll lose some from headloss.

Back