good ,hardy fish for 3 gallon

one firefish may work but only one fish in a tank that small and even then in a tank that small it will be hard on any fish they need more room than that.

One damsel wouldn't be so bad either especially if you get one of these: Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Four Stripe Damselfish

damsels are SUPER hearty and the four stripes don't look half bad either, but as the others have mentioned....I think any fish would go nuts in a 5 gallon tank especially when you add you sand, rock, blower, filter and skimmer there would really be no room for the fish to move. Lastly, you would really have to keep an eye on your water levels and any small change could drastically affect that tank in a hurry.

there really isn't going to be much of any fish who enjoys something as small as 3 gallons... i believe a firefish would be more suited to 10g. you might look into doing more inverts, as things such as sexy shrimp are popular among people with small nanos and picos.

a damsel will get too large for your tank. despite their hardiness....

a damsel will get too large for your tank. despite their hardiness....

Wouldn't that take a while though? I would think if he starts small enough, he would have at least a year or two before that damsel really got all that big.

Wouldn't that take a while though? I would think if he starts small enough, he would have at least a year or two before that damsel really got all that big.

either i'm a bit of a stickler for proper habitats... or we're underestimating the true size of 3 gallons of water.

a yellow clown goby would be ok, this is true.

I forgot the title mentioned a 3 gallon tank, not that 5 gallons is that much more, but if we are talking about what one COULD get away with verses what one SHOULD do; those are definitely two different subjects. For either, I think it would be mean to put any fish, and in that case, Prat, you do had the best suggestion: "you might look into doing more inverts...things such as sexy shrimp"

Well... If it was me, I wouldn't do anything other than one of the tiny gobies. I wouldn't put a firefish or damsel in a tank that small.

im on the clown goby or bust bandwagon. how about the panda clown goby. a little different if you can find one it would be cool. if you are not getting one of those i really dont suggest any fish.

Back