Good news for biff,dfrench and everybody else w/ a prizim

Im a IDIOT!!!! I got the cam and stood on top of a bucket full of water to get a 2 day shot of the collection cup. I bet you can guess what happens next. YUP THIS IDIOT BROKE THE LID FELL INTO THE BUCKET AND SOKED THE CAM, AND NOW IT WONT COME ON. MAN I FELL LIKE SUCH A MORON. Well on the good note I just got my cards back from the credit card company and am going to order a new one to replace the old one. MAN I SUCK, MOTHER F@##@ER IM AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know I just barrowed it from my wifes aunt. I dont think it to old, allthough she said she got it from walmart so I called every wallmart around here and they said its old and they dont carry it anymore, so I got on line and found it so if it doesnt start working by tomarrow I'll have to buy it off line or offer her a better one if she wants it right away. I fell sooooo stupid right now.

Well pics will be coming soon I woke up today and put batteries in and IT WORKS. I'm really happy now.

Ok here are the pics. The first two are of the collection cup after running for 2 days on a slow dry foam.

prizim001.jpg

prizim002.jpg

These are the thing I bought, however, I didnt use the airflow valve. MY mod job works great with out it.

prizim004.jpg

To get the srub pad thin enough I pelled it in layers like this.

prizim005.jpg

Heres a pic of the motor with the mod right off the skimmer.

prizim008.jpg

Heres another pic of the motor with the mod.

prizim015.jpg

Heres a pic of the impellar.

prizim014.jpg

And here is a pic of the mesh on my hat. I think this mesh will be worth a try if your not wanting to cut the blades down. Besides this mesh I think a nylon screen will work you might have to put 2 or 3 layers on to better suck in air and chop the bubbles up.

prizim017.jpg

By the way I bought the pads from walmart for 2.97 I think and the fishline came from walmart for 2 somthing. The air controll valve kit came from petco for 2.99.

Probably won't get around to it til next weekend. I'm busy :). But I definitely want to try it, my Prizm is sitting in storage right now.

soon as i get some free time hard to get any more just did a 20 gallon water change tonight which i been neglecting my tank from water changes for a while

havent tried yet been busy i did get the smaller prizm deluxe for my 29 gallon. Been reading about different mods but will have to wait gotta get new metal halide bulbs soon.

OK. Didnt you just buy the light? You need a bulb already? So hows it going? Get the algae all taken care of in your 125?

What about you Biff, you cant be THAT lazy. J/k Just woundering if anyone has done it yet and how they liked it.

Back