Good online retailers?

nitrosport

Reefing newb
I was just wondering if you guys have any recommendations for some good online retailers of fish. I have looked at some but their shipping prices are usually extremely expensive or their fish prices were to high. Where do you all order from?

i dont recommend buying fish online because of my bad experiences, but if there is not local saltwater store then you will have to. Just try to avoid saltwaterfish.com, my uncle bought a few thing there at different times and all times received the item dead. Liveaquariua.com is good...if you want to buy supplies marinedepot.com is really godd i bought alot of my stuff there.

+1 Yote, If I would buy on line ,I would use them. I am lucky enough to have a few very good LFS within driving distance to go for livestock

I try to buy from my lfs as much as possible. I have 2 really good ones near me. I occasionally would like to buy something that is not available near me so I would have to order. I'll give liveaquaria a try.

I've always had better luck buying livestock online than I have from my LFS. But that says more about the state of my LFS than online ordering!!

It really isn't affordable unless you order a lot at once. In fact, most places will offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount (usually $200 or $250 it seems). If you do order enough to get free shipping, the livestock prices are usually 1/2 of what they sell for at the LFS, so it definitely pays off.

A good trick is to find a few other people in your area that are in the hobby. Then do group orders. That way you each only need to spend a little, but you order your stuff at the same time and get free shipping.

BTW -- for cleaner crews, go to www.liveaquaria.com. They have free shipping on cleaner crews over $60, and their prices are STILL half of what my LFS sells CUCs for.

I've ordered fish from live aquaria and all my fish arrived alive. They are all still swimming in the tank. Very happy with their service.

I personally dont like buying fish or other livestock online. I want to be able to observe them and see them eat. I dont want to get a fish home and then see they dont eat.

hey nitro check out reefs2go.com they have free shipping to florida.i have ordered from them and have had good luck with them and they have a garantee

+1 Reeffreek. I have been very happy with www.bluezooaquatics.com. I got my juvenile navarchus there about a year ago. He arrived healthy and energetic. He came packaged in plenty of water in a styrofoam caseing. There were large signs all over the package alerting the deliverers that the box contained live animals, and of the time-sensitive nature of the delivery. My navarchus, now dubbed "Burt" by my daughter, ate immediately. He has been a disease free and wonderful addition to my tank. Bluezoo receives my highest recommendation.

Back