Good Power Strip with Digital Timer??

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
I need a simple one or two outlet power strip with a digital timer to run a dosing pump. Got a suggestion?

Coralife has a power strip with digitally timed outlets for $35 but I'm not sure I like the way it works. It has 8 outlets, 4 always on, 2 on in day time and 2 on only when daytime outlets are off.

I'm using that one from coralife now ... I'm fairly competent with electronics but on my strip the nights always stay on, an the day is always off ... I don't know if mine is just faulty or you need to be a phd to program it. If it would work properly I'd be very happy with it

Bite the bullet and get the $99 Reef Keeper, the timers are great its expandable and has a lot more options. I know its like $60 more but you will be WAY happier I had a digital coralife timers and they are crap. For dosing you don't want them to fail. Also the $10 individual timers IMO are the better than coralife.

The Coralife ones are crap. They are so hit or miss. I have one, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes, it just jumps ahead a few hours for no reason.

Why not just get a cheap individual one at the hardware store? They are like $7.

Lol, we all have the coralife timer, and all bad reviews. Mine worked perfect when I first got it, now it's a pita.

I've never had good luck with the digital timers honestly. Coralife or some others I've gotten. I just stick with the manual clock faced types and have never had a problem.

The comments on the coralife power strips are right on. Digital one I had reset every damn night, thought I was loosing my mind for a week before I determined what was going on.

I agree with Darko. You know you deserve a new toy! Buy a RKL (Reef Keeper Lite). Not only will you get to control your dosage pumps you'll be able to control your heaters, fans, lights, etc. Mine was well worth the $$

So, how does this work? Where does the equipment get plugged into?
DA1131_99.jpg
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewI...y=FITEMOMI&child=DA1131&tab=2&option1=Level 1

Back