Good Salt

I just mixed up some brightwell and yote uses it.
I'm going to test it but my first batch I mixed up extra strong, to raise my salinity a tad.

Use Instant Ocean. It's the #1 selling salt in the world.

Reef Central Online Community - New Instant Ocean ?

Probably because all the big chains carry it.
I'm not saying anything bad about it because I don't know much about salt, but that's probably a big reason for the high sale numbers.

I'm sure Alpo has huge sales compared to Nature's Recipe, but that doesn't mean I'm going to feed it to my dog. ;)

One of our local reefers opened up a little coral shop this weekend and I picked up three 50lb bags of Seachem Reef Salt. Been reading good stuff about it and the prices are good too.

well I have been using reef crystals since my first bag of instant ocean ran out. Seems to be working good. So I guess I will stay with it.

I'll probably try Reef Crystals next as it has higher calc, mag and alk. They say that using it will require less dosing.

The only problem with it or really not a problem is I have coraline growing alot. I like the purple plague some dont though.

Oh now we're page whoreing eh?

Im actually switching salts with this weeks water change. The local store quit carrying Tropic Marin so I am switching to Oceanic. The readings are all higher for Mag, Alk and Calcium with the oceanic vs TM and its ten bucks a bucket cheaper.

More elements+Cheaper= Good for me

Last edited:
i use oceanic but only because we sell it at petsmart and i get a discount. well that and i heard it was good on THESE forums.

i use oceanic but only because we sell it at petsmart and i get a discount. well that and i heard it was good on THESE forums.

I used Oceanic for a long time.Never once had any problems with it,except it seemed to make the purple plague grow outta control.

Using oceanic as well. I'm no salt expert but I see no reason to change, dissolves very quickly. :bowdown:

I have used: Instant Ocean, Oceanic and Seachem. I have completely stopped using the Instant Ocean and that has been years ago. But I now just use Oceanic but have thought about trying a bag of the Brightwell. The Dkh is supposed to stay more constant.

Back