Good skimmate?

Patzig

welp, that didn't work..
So I used to have a cpr bak pak skimmer that i used to run while cycling and starting my tank but it was so noisy that i replaced it with a sealife systems skimmer with a modified maxijet 1200 pump on it. with the cpr bak pak i remember getting alot of nasty thick dark brown skimmate that smelled absolutely terrible. with my sealife, i still get alot of skimmate, but it is much more "tea" colored and it doesn't smell bad at all. Almost smells like fresh algae.

This is about 3 days worth.

DSCF0635.jpg

My system is at ulns status. Also, it is on a 40g system with tons of corals but only one small damsel and one small mandarin. Should i get a better skimmer pump? or is it pulling less because there's less nutrients and such to be pulled? it just seems weird that the skimmate is much more clean than it was before.

no, i touched it up with some super glue, no leaks. should i get a better pump or is this skim "dark and thick" enough for the bio load i have?

it looks good, was going to ask if your skimming really wet.. but if thats 3 days worth thats obviously not the case.

well i don't think I'm skimming too wet but it's still coming out really really watery. not as thick as i would like. i do have a very low bioload though so maybe I'm over worrying.

Back