Good TDS numbers?

hotimportknight

New! Big Tank Club!
My Christmas present to my self came in today! I paid like 18$ for the TDS tester on ebay, just the basic one. In the mail came the dual inline TDS tester with the line adapters and stuff, I think this one was a lot more than the one i bought. So thats a good deal I guess. I tested my tap water and its reading around 270-300 ppm. I tested my RO water and its only reading 003. Does that seem reasonable for just a Coralife RO unit? No De Ionizer. Or is this tester off? Anyone else have that dual inline TDS meter? What do you get for results with yours?

I was reading in the brief instruction manual and it says it was calibrated at like 337 or something, does that mean that it was made to read that number in that solution? or does that mean it was calibrated so that 337 ppm reads zero? Cause its reading 0-3ppm rigged in-line with the thing, zero a lot of the times. That cant be very realistic can it? My RO unit was just the basic like 120$ coralife pur-flo or what ever, has anyone had results like this from a unit like that?

Dude,you try to over think this stuff.
Its very possible that your RO is cleaning your water that much.Thats what its designed to do.

3ppm is real low for just an RO filter, especially if your tap water is 300ppm. But I guess it is possible. My tap water reads 280 and my RO only brings it down to 6ppm.

Yeah I thought it seemed a bit low. But after drinking it I think its pretty good water. We have a very deep well because we live on a big hill just outside town, If I remember right its several hundred feet deep. We got it tested and it was safe to drink, but smelled like CRAP. Lots of heavy metals and crap in it. Maybe its easier for an RO unit to remove stuff like that than more normal things in city water? We also have a sediment filter and a bunch of other stuff culigan tried to make our water not suck. I should test before it goes through that stuff when I get a chance...

Back