Goofed WC?

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
I am setting up for a WC before my trip to Hawaii. As usual I have my 12 gallon tub full of RODI and salt mixing and heating. I decided to do something a little different this time and added my two parts of Continuum (a & b) to the mix. Only after doing it did I think about the fact I added enough for the 90 gallons and MUCH more than the 12 gallons could handle. So, my new water is as cloudy as milk!

Should I start over and not add the Continuum to the mix or would this batch be okay for a WC? Its been mixing/heating for 18 hours and making a new batch will take another day.

Well what salt do you use ???? You do know that new salt mix already has high Trace elements to help with the depleated amount in your system when you do the water change !!!!

I'd make a new batch.

Also if you want to start something new in your tank (like adding things to your water) it's a better idea to do it when you're going to be around to monitor what happens. Just in case.

most 2 part systems i'm familiar with you don't add the 2 parts together. The calcium part (usually A) will react with the carbonate part and precipitate out in the tank.

correct!

As for the other part to your answer, I do not know if the "precipitate" will just dissolve when in the tank. I'm sure it would and there not be any neg effects.

Back