Got A New TOY! :)

RevReefer

Living Reefs Supporter
Well got the Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro lens today. From all I have heard this is one of the best lens to get for Macro. I like the results so far. :D

Well I got the Canon 100mm 2.8 macro and here are the first pics. I am a little disappointed as these were slightly out of focus and the settings were not good for the amount of light. So this was a practice round. :)

Untitled-2-2.jpg

Untitled-1-3.jpg

ppe-1.jpg

macro034.jpg

macro024.jpg

macro022.jpg

Thank you all!! I have a lot to learn with it, but it's a lot of fun!

Patrick I will let you rent it for $499.00!!! LOL! :D

Great pics... I like that Yellow Yuma... Where'd you get the lens from??? Online vendor or local??? I'm still debating whether to go with the Canon 100mm or the Sigma 105mm... Ugh... Decisions decisions!!!!!

Well Best buy had it for $560ish. BH had it for $440ish + Shipping. I wanted it yesterday so I found it online at office depot for $480ish so I get best buy to price match it and I had no tax since I will be using this a lot for church, special event, etc... So I spent about $30 extra to have it yesterday! LOL!

Much improved!!!!!!! Are the 2nd and 3rd Merletti's??? And thanks for the info on how you went about getting the lens... ;)

Man those are some great shots. I wish I could get shots like that but I know nothing about cameras.

Man I have cable and it still took a sec to load....I didn't know those pics could get even clearer but they did.Its like Discovery HD on my computer

Absolutely some of the best shots I ever seen..congrats!

WOW Dave!!!! I am totally breaking into your house and stealing some frags. ( and notice there is no J/K after that statement!!) Not only are the armagedons awesome but the one below them are INCREDIBLE!!!! Holy cow man -Just amazing!! Great colors - I really need to see them in person.

Very nice pics

HAHA thanks!!! Those ones below the arm are whodah's cat's eyes. These have lineage to him. I have had these polyps for several months and have not grown one polyp I dont think.

Last edited:
Back