Got a Sally Lightfoot

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
I am scared of this thing. It looks like a big spider. LFS said it would eat hair algae and it does seem to like to do that. When it gets too big I am gonna have to get rid of it so it doesn't eat my clowns. It is about 2 inches from tip of foot to tip of foot.

Have fun trying to catch it when the time comes. They are fast little suckers. I decided against them after Biff opionion of them.

You'll have better luck catching it with explosives than a spear.Those sallys are quick as lightening,

You won't see one in my tank. My daughter saw one at the LFS yesterday. Told her "no way", after I've read on LR about the trouble they can cause and the difficulty to catch them".

he does do a good job on the hair algae thought. As soon as it was dropped in it started munching away. Honestly when I was putting it in my heart rate was through the roof. I think he is fun to watch though.

Dude.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???

Seriously? Why would you get one of those? Yes they'll eat algae. For like, a month. And a 2-inch long one is more than big enough to catch and eat fish (my two fish killers were around that size). And they are IM-FREAKING-POSSIBLE to catch!!

Again. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??

as much as I read I didnt know much about them, I drove a long distance with intentions of getting rid of hair algae and eating at the Taco Bell right next to the LFS. I got both done =) I will give it a week and if it isn't getting rid of the HA I will try to get it out. If it does get rid of the HA I will also try to get it out.

Remember, just cuz it happened to you doesn't mean it will happen to everyone. It's like dwarf angels. Some eat corals, some don't.

Alto,I've had my sally for over a year now,and it has yet to try to catch a fish.They are like evry thing else in this hobby,50/50 shot.

like piggy said you can keep it, right along with all the other crabs that look like spiders. Arrow Crabs and spider decorator crab. *shivers*

I use to have one till I seen him eating turbo snails. Then I rearanged I fish tank to get him out. I was lucky only a 20 gallon but still a pain.

Back