Got asked to leave local pet store

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by robbrouse, Apr 5, 2012.

1. robbrouse

robbrouse

So we have had this on here a number of times but I wanted to share. I was in one of my local pet stores The aquarium. I was looking at the test kits and what not and a lady came in and asked to look at a large tank. Well to make a long story short, they sold her a 90 Gallon freshwater set up, with all the bells and whistles and then let her walk out of there with 18 freshwater fish.

Well at this point I asked the sales lady WTF? I mean filling and getting a 90 gallon tank set up will take hours and the first will just sit there while she is going it. I asked the lady buying the setup if this was her only tank and she said yep, having a party tomorrow and want a setup for our new house. I told her the fish would not likely survive the the hours it will take to get everything set up and running and she should get teh tank and buy the fish after she cycled the tank.

I also told her to think about a different pet store that the cost are much cheaper and they would never sell you everything at one time..

Well anyhow by this time I was told in not so nice way to leave/ So I say screw it and let. Now the best part before I got to my truck I saw the lady walk out and get in her car and she yelled thanks for the advice. So I fell pretty good I save a few finned friends a short live and a bad death.

Anyhow just wanted to share.

robbrouse, Apr 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. robbrouse

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

AWESOME! Good job on saving the fish :) And I'm glad she listened to you and didn't just tell you to mind your own biz lol!

wontonflip, Apr 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. robbrouse

beeguiles they call me fish geek ;p

That's awesome that she listened to you. Most people either wouldn't care or wouldn't listen. Shame on that lfs also. I hate that, I got offered a job at my lfs but I said no bc I don't like how they run the place. They keep their moonlights on all the time bc it looks cooler, even tho their corals are suffering from not getting enough light and they will advise people against things but if the person really insisted they will sell it to them. I can't work with that. Anyways...most lfs employees suck. Not all but most

beeguiles, Apr 5, 2012
  4. robbrouse

little_fish Moderator

good job rob!

little_fish, Apr 5, 2012
  5. robbrouse

JustinsReefTank

+1 everyone. That's crazy they were just trying to make a dollar

JustinsReefTank, Apr 5, 2012
  6. robbrouse

Smitty

Good job bro...

Smitty, Apr 5, 2012
  7. robbrouse

robbrouse

Its hard you know. I hate getting in other people business, but I felt she needed to hear it. I have not cycled with fish for years, Don't plan on it either.

robbrouse, Apr 5, 2012
  8. robbrouse

SarahSmile :)

It's great when someone has the balls to step in like that. A lot of people would have just listened to it happen and know it's wrong. What's the saying, evil happens when good men do nothing?
    Way to go Rob.

SarahSmile, Apr 5, 2012
  9. robbrouse

Waddi Shenanigans? VIP Member

Atta be!! Nice save bro!

Waddi, Apr 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question