Got More Rocks Today

99.9% of bristleworms aren't poisonous. In fact, they are excellent scavengers, one of the best you can have in your tank. I wouldn't take out any more if I were you. It's usually only the bright red ones that are poisonous. I've never seen a red one myself, but that's what I've read/heard.

the one in my ten gal is orangest red should i take him out and i agree with you rc they are good when small but once they get big they can hurt ya

Cause they're CREEPY!!:shock:

Perhpas I should explain:

Maybe not. You'll all start laughing at me...........

I grew up in the midwest. Lost of bugs. Spiders, ticks, chiggers, ants, bees, everything..... I got serious bugophobia. Serious!! HATE bugs. Remember those Sprint commercials with the fat guy running down the aisle between the cubicles and screaming like a 6yr old girl? The big muscle head guy stpes off the elevator and he glares at the fat guy and points at him, "YOU!!" and then the fat guy runs off screaming. Remember those?

Thats pretty much me when it comes to bugs.

The bristleworms look too much like a centipede for me to want them in my tank. I know it's silly. They just creep me out. I bought a goby for taking care of the trash in the sand bed, and I might get a sand sifting star in 6 months after I know the tank will support it. I can live without the bristleworms.

Last edited:
I'll bet that when a bristle worm see us coming to look at our tanks,They say " here comes that creepy human again,wish we could flush them":mrgreen:

You should get a sixline wrasse. They will eat small bristleworms. Plus they are an awesome looking fish :).

Funny you said that. It's on my list of fishies. You know my tank is only 30g, so I can't have too many fish. I have to be extremely selective about what kinds of fish I put in the tank. Nothing that will get too big, and nothing thats not reef safe.

The 6-line doesn't get too big. It's a wrasse, so that automatically qualifies it in the "cool" category. And they eat bristleworms!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY!! :bounce:

I'll let my tank settle for a week and make sure I'm not experiencing a spike from all this rock. Maybe get a 6-line next week. :Cheers:

Last edited:
I couldn't stand it.

Went out last night and bought a 6-line for $14.99. He's a little bugger. Only about 1.75" long, but a nice specimen. Very nice fins and body color. Looks really healthy.

I was testing my water and looking for a spike. Zip! Nadda! I think if there was gonna be a spike from the new rocks, I'd have caught it by now. All my water parameters are still perfect. (fingers crossed)

I acclimated the new wrasse for about 3yrs and turned it loose in the tank. I turned off the pumps and fed the damsel (Dory) and my Watchman goby (Cracker) so the wrasse could find a comfy spot without being picked on by Dory. Didn't work. She totally attacked him, but he finally started nipping back this morning. Dory totally terrorized the wrasse yesterday evening and I'm sure all night as well.

The kids named it Striper. A fitting name for a 6-line wrasse, I think.

Can't get a pic of the little bugger yet. It's still hiding from Dory. Hopefully she will settle down after a couple days and leave Striper alone.

I was whining to my wife last night about how much of a b**ch Dory is. Typical damsel. I'm off to the fly store to get a little bitty fly. She's GONE just as soon as I catch her. I'm about to aquaint her with the term, "JAWSET" when I set this hook so deep in her jaw it rattles her ribcage. Then she's taking a one-way trip to the LFS. :grumble:

I'll post a pic of Striper as soon as I can cath him out in the open.

Congratulations on the six-line.They are great fish.Plus they'll pick a lot of the predators off your corals.

Now go give that DAMsel a sore jaw.

Ladies and Gentlemen!! I proudly present to you, Striper!! The amazingly fast and agile 6-line wrasse I added yesterday.

Striper.JPG

Ain't he a cutey? :mrgreen:

Eating like a pig. Swimming around and generally harrassing Dory, the damsel. :lol:

Back