Got my first fishies today!!!

biodarwin

Reefing newb
I got a pair of misbar clownfish today. I know they are probably just stressed out but it seems like one only swims at the very top of the tank and is continually bumping into the glass. I remember reading somewhere that this might be bad. Should I just not stress about it?

sorry to hear about that. I love photographing my tank as much as i love looking at it. I cant imagine not having a good camera now.

you should start off with a nice large sarcophyton like a toadstool coral. they clowns would more than likely host that bad boy and there would be no worries on that coral making it in your new tank.

My lights absolutely sucks. I would probably have to upgrade them before I could add any corals. I completely agree about the camera. I just bought a Kodak Z1012 and while its not top of the line, the picture quality is great, at least now that I know how to use it :)

what kind of lights do you have? sarcophyton like toadstools need minimal lighting to survive. im sure you could pull it off.

Congrats on the fish. I have found that clowns will also host in hairy mushrooms. I have a nano full of mushrooms and a tomato clown, he cruises around rubbing all over the mushrooms. It doesn't seem to bother them and the require fairly low lighting. FWIW.

Clowns will do some crazy things when first introduced to the tank.They should settle down in a few days.Just give them time.

Congrats on your new fish, I wouldn't worry about them too much. Just keep an eye on your water parameters. They'll adjust.

what kind of lights do you have? sarcophyton like toadstools need minimal lighting to survive. im sure you could pull it off.

I have a single Aqua-glow 40w light. I bought the setup used. I had plans on upgrading the lighting 6 months in when I could start to add corals comfortably.

Wow you weren't kidding. I almost threw out a single 80w fixture the other day because I have no idea when I will ever use it. Unless I keep an o. Bimac octopus.

Wow you weren't kidding. I almost threw out a single 80w fixture the other day because I have no idea when I will ever use it. Unless I keep an o. Bimac octopus.

That I wasn't :) My idea was to let the system mature a bit and then upgrade to T-5 lighting.

Congrats on your first fish. One of my clowns host the toadstool and the other one prefers the xenias.

Here is my fishies Jeanie and Pockets

Firstfishies008.jpg

In addition to the 2 fish there are 10 red legged hermit crabs and 5 snails.

Back