Got myself a new Yellow Tang!

I'm sure its in a healthier environment than it was at the LFS. It will also eat better in my tank. I'm sure it will rebound and be good as new in a few weeks.

A little update on the Yellow Tang. The aggression has fully gone away. It is super skittish and hides every time I come near the tank. Hopefully that will change one of these days. The scrapes on its sides are still there, but its because it wedges itself in the smallest spots in the LR. I guess it will heal in time. It also will not eat from the algae clip. So I've been cutting the nori into small pieces and mixing it in with the frozen food. I still use the veggie clip and the foxface hammers it. Do you think the YT will follow the FF's lead and start using the veggie clip?

In time I think it will. My Naso took a few weeks to begin eating from the clip. You might try attaching it to a piece of live rock with rubber bands and putting it in the center of your tank. Sounds like it is afraid of coming up to the glass right now.

Dave is it your looks? :mrgreen:

Adding a fish to the tank is always anti-climatic. You spend time maintaining the tank so it can be in tip top condition for the fish. Then you finally get the fish and have high hopes of watching it enjoy checking into its new all inclusive resort. But, instead its lights out the first day and then the new guy fights, hides and wont eat much for what seems like an eternity, even though its like a week.

-He'll be tearing into the algae sheets and making a mess before you know it. (The worst is when its not the other fish hes scared of, its you. He's scared of you. My Kole tang is terrified of me. :ugh:)

Last edited:
Well my tang must have know I was talking trash. Yesterday I came home from work and started my tank routine. The tang was swimming all around and didn't even hide. I put some nori in the clip and the foxface immediately started eating. Within 30 secs the tang hurried to the clip and started ripping into the nori. Its also starting to look a little more healthy. The cloudiness in its left eye went away and the scratches are healing.

Yes, I was very happy to see it acting normal. Although, it did show quite a bit of aggression towards any fish that came near the nori. The foxface would throw up its fins and continue eating.

Picture127-1.jpg
what is that line on the foxface, right below the top fin. It looks to be about 1/8" down from the top of its body. My new yellow tang has the same thing and was wondering what that is or normal. This pic shows it as good or better than the pic I have but it looks the same.

Back