Got the ICH!!

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
to start another reef tank ...

What do you guys think would be the best way to go size wise? I don't want to spend 24 hours on my tank this time :P

That would definitely be a good way to go ! I am worried I would want to go with the hard corals again. Definitely some nemo's though :)

Josh, I recently got rid of my 90 gallon tank and when I get back into the hobby again, I'm going to get a nice all in one nano tank. Something 30 gallons or less. No equipment to buy, hardly anything to set up, no more DIYing. Easy peasy!

Sounds like a plan. I still have all my equipment, including my hardcore skimmer. It is tempting me to go big, but 30gallon would work perfectly.

Maybe sell the big equipment to fund the nano reef?

Bifferwine is right...those all in one setups seem really nice. I've looked at a lot of mods to them too that really improve performance and hide everything. :-)

That is another idea. But I want to build a big tank when I get my own place. Just don't want to have to move it.

Yeah. Well I guess it depends on your funds then. If you have the money to spend about $800 on a all-in-one setup plus minor modifications definitely go for it! haha

If not get a nice big tank and try not to think about moving it. lol

If you search youtube for biocube 29 there's a ton of good ideas on what to do with the equipment it comes with and how to mod it. One guy put a sump on his and used the center chamber on the crap filter it comes with as a pass for activated carbon and a UV sterilizer.

I would be most likely to setup it up the way I want it, or find an all in one that does what I want. I want to do little work, just weekly water changes and thats it. So 30gallon could work. No fish and lots of inverts and corals :D

Haha you would like to see that :P

Ok ok ok ok ok ok . . . My brother is the worst influence. He is convining me to buy a 6ft. And doing a bloody good job of it XD

Josh, if you're going with a 6ft tank there's really no reason not to just go with an 8fter :Cheers:

haha, other than, where the hell do I put an 8ft XD

+ my skimmer can handle 650-700 litres with an extremely heavy stock of sps and fish. Won't handle a 8ft tank. The skimmer was 1500 bucks lol AUSD

O.o True reefer would sleep with the fishes.

Soooon, trying to find my house to buy, then I can get it :D I am settling back on a 6ft now. Knew this would be trouble. . . .

+1 every one go big or go home is right sure it may be tight but with a tank like that who needs tv a bed or any of that stuff :D I say 8' for sure

Back