Grassman's 55 Gallon Reef

Grassman

Reefing newb
My new tank has arrived. Thomas and I went this morning to pick it up. I just about got it for half price. I had my Mom call and put a 50% deposit on it. I walked in this morning and it was sitting infront of the door. The sales person behind the counter ask me if she could help me and I said yup, and pointed at the tank and said I'm after that tank. She asked me for ID which I showed her. She gave me the reciept for the deposit and told me to back the truck to the door and she'd help me load it. We put it in the truck and I followed her back into the store and to the counter and she asked if I needed anything else. The devil side of me wanted to say no, Thank you very much and leave, but the angel side of me asked her if she wanted me to pay the rest of the tank. She thanked me for my honesty.

Enough of the story and now for the meat!!

Here's the new 55 gallon with corner overflow!

235-NewTank1.jpg

236-NewTank2.jpg

237-NewTank3.jpg

238-Overflow.jpg

Here's the new plumbing for it.
239-NewPlumbing.jpg

240-NewStuff.jpg

The stand, sump and algae scrubber are that same as they were from the other tank I had. I also picked up another 10 lbs. of live rock.

241-NewLiveRock.jpg

Tomorrow morning I'll start putting everything back into the tank.

Bulkheads are tightened down and no leaks from them. I'm just waiting for 2 pails and a tote to heat up and the pumping will begin. I can't wait to aquascap this with the new rocks I picked up.

Awesome! Aren't you glad your wife told you to go ahead and buy the new tank? :D

That I am. Now I'm just not too sure what to do with all this rock. Now that I have it in the tank it doesn't really match the stuff I had before. Maybe it'll look better when I get some substrate in it tomorrow.

Agreed with Biff, see told ya, your happy all over again. This hobby has its ups and downs but the ups to me, out weight the downs.

I'm happy, but the bank account just took a major beating. LOL! But then it's only money and they print it every day.:mrgreen:

whered the other tank go?!?!?!

Which one? I one I made, or that garbage pail I was going to use? LOL! The old tank is in the garage being resealed and I'm going to give it to Lyle to sell as a lizard cage. The garbage can is in the basement sitting it the same place it was before. I thought I was going to have to empty the sump to move the stand so I could modify it for the bulkheads, but it worked out I just used a jigsaw and cut a hole in the top of the stand. Now I have a garbage pail and not sure what I'm going to do with it!?!?! QT??!?!?! :D

It will take a few months, but the new rock will blend in with the old rock eventually.

This tank in thinner the my other one, and with the corner overflow I don't think I needed anymore rock. I've got over 50 lbs now. I just wish the water I added in the sump would heat up so I can finish filling the DT. I'm afraid if I get it filled I won't be able to turn it on cause the sump will be too low. I ran out of water. I must have evaporated a lot this week cause I drained everything but an inch out of the old tank, and I'm down 3 inches in this tank with 10 fresh gallons in the sump and it's where it was when I drained the DT. :dunno:

Tank is aquascaped. I may have to move some stuff when I go to add the substrate tomorrow. So far my starfish is a double stumpie. 2 of his arms are missing half of them. My waving hand coral looks like :pooh: along with my blue cloves. 2 polyps from the waving hands broke off so I fraged them to a little rock. I'm giving them to Lyle for all the help he's been threw this. My zoas are pissed beyond belief. only 2 frags are opening. They rest are closed up tighter then my wife's bank account. :shock: I only lost 2 snails and a hermit. I did find a claw from my porcilian <SP> crab. He's been MIA for a while now. I guess he's dead. I thought my emerald was dead but he's still running around. I threw in a algae sheet to make everyone happy.

I'll add photos a little later. I may even take a video.

Here's a quick video of the tank. The lights turned out just as I pressed record. :frustrat:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkOIay9FZY"]YouTube - New Tank[/ame]

My zoas are pissed beyond belief. only 2 frags are opening. They rest are closed up tighter then my wife's bank account.

LMAO! Read this to my girlfriend and she slapped me stating for me to get my head out of the gutter... she apparently misheard me :grumble:

other tank bust a leak?

Back