Greasy Joe's 55gal scrubber tank

Ok, here's a few updated pictures. My pistol and Yasha have finally moved to the front of the tank.

Yasha/Pistol

yasha_pistol.jpg

Here's a photo of the new tank mate and the yasha/pistol

Yasha, Pistol, Bicolor

yasha_pistol_bicolor.jpg

Here's another picture of my red/purple acan with an ulgy pest I got rid of. Thanks Aiptasia X!

Red/Purple Acan

red_purp_acan_aptasia.jpg

As mentioned above, my yasha and pistol have both moved up front. Problem is, they booted my Hi fin Red from that spot. The Hi Fin Red hasn't been seen in almost two weeks. I fear the worst has happened. I looked all over the ground, he hasn't jumped out. Even pulled my plumbing apart to make sure he wasn't in the pipe or overflow box. No sign of the little guy. I watched it when it finally realized the yasha and pistol weren't giving up that spot. He made his way to the other side of the tank and placed himself in the flat roof cave to the left in this picture.

FTS

FTS_5_10_11.jpg

I have another Randall pistol in there and I know, for sure, It's in that spot where the flat roof cave is. I can see new spots of sand, shifted and sunken, in spots all around the front of that cave. I really hope the hi fin red is has teamed up with him and he's just being shy after being kicked out of his original spot. The hi fin red doesn't even come out during feeding time, and that worries me. Any opinions out there? Should i pick up that rock and move it to see if they are under there? It will be MIA for 2 weeks tomorrow, and i hear they only last about 3 when they starve out.

I do have ample pods in my tank though. He could be exclusively eating those, like my orange spotted. The orange spotted doesn't even eat much frozen stuff anymore but i sure see him munching pods from the rocks and sand

Almost forgot. I promised pics of my frogspawn and acans in my last post. Here they are.

Frogspawn

frogspawn.jpg

Green/Orange Acan

orange_green_acan.jpg

:Cheers:

Last edited:
Wow, been a long time since an update.....My blenny is monstrous compared to the picture above, lol.

Well here goes, added some more live rock and managed to get a cool arch going on the left side of the tank. Lots of coraline growing too.

FTS
fts_7_14_11.jpg

Arch on Left
left_side_arch.jpg

Since my missing hi-fin red has been gone for months, I have considered him dead and gone. Last week my lfs finally had one!! It was a must buy for me. Now, He's up front and already buddied up.

Hi Fin Red Banded goby with pistol shrimp
hi-fin_red_with_pistol.jpg

My orange spotted jumped out my tank a few weeks ago. So i replaced him with this guy.

Yellow Watchman
yellow_watchman.jpg

My zoas finally connected to my live rock, now they are really close to the front of the tank, on the lower front arch.

Zoas
connected_zoas.jpg

My orange/green acan went though a mishap and got a rock drooped on it during remodeling. Looks like it's fully recovered.

green/orange Acan
green-orange_acan.jpg

This acan looks ALOT better since my last update.

red/purple Acan
red_purple_acan.jpg

Here's a pic of the bi-color blenny. He has gotten HUGE!

Bi-color Blenny
bi-color_blenny-2.jpg

Sorry no updates on the yasha and pistol. They are in the back again, heh. I'll post a few more shots later,

Back