green algae now!

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
well after a battle with cyano, i finally won and reduced the amount of cyano by about 90% but now i have another problem which is green algae... a lot of little puffs of green algae have shown up all around my tank and im not sure how to go about getting rid of it.

any ideas?

why does this stuff just have growth spurts like this? too much feeding/light and not enough flow?? or what

Could be a number of reasons...remove as much of it as possible and do a water change afterward. Keep this up consistently twice per week until its all gone.

JMO But I think a lot of it has to do with a new tank.I figure it takes time for every thing to actually settle in enough to be able to process excess nutrients.So we get algae.

whats a good way to position powerheads to prevend algae from sticking to the sand?? right now i have a maxijet 900 and a 600. The 600 is at the top to oxigenate the water, and the 900 i just put right in front of the tank for now pointer stright so it skimms the sand untill the algae goes down a bit. Should i get another powerhead or should i place the ones i have differently?

Theres really no good way to keep algae off the sand with powerheads.If the flow is stong enough to prevent the algae,its probably going to blow sand out.

Back