Green Chromis Help

steve528

Reefing newb
I purchased five green chromis from the LFS and acclimated them the way I always do. They were all eating well, but overnight one developed a scar on the right side of his body. The next day he was dead. I did not see any confromtations with any other fish, but for the next week, one by one, they all developed the same thing and eventually died. Any clues???? The picture is not great but it looks like the scales and skin are just deteriorating all on the right side of their body. Water parameters are all good.

Attachments

• chromis.bmp
    150.1 KB · Views: 467
I have one left that just started showing signs of it this morning. I had one original that was in the tank prior to the addition and he developed it too and died

I suspect it is some sort of bacterial infection. A year ago I brought in a new fish and within a few days all of the fish in my tank died, literally with their scales sloughing off. It was terribly sad. Given that it took out the other fish in your tank my guess is that its bacterial (alternatively, many of us have lost chromis after they develop a weird black spot or growth and die shortly after being added to the tank). I left my tank fallow for 3 months to make sure the bacteria was good and gone, but I don't really know if that was necessary or not.

+1 some sort of infection.... Maybe leave your tank fishless for a week or two and try again. If things are still bad maybe think about treating the tank...

Back