Green Chromis

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I always said I hated them, but I am starting to become attracted to a school of chromis's. After failing with a school of Anthias (stupid clownfish stressed them out) I figured the chromis's would a cheaper version of a schooling fish.

Discuss.

Okay,this is what I've read on other sites and my limited experience.People say small schools of chromis tend to pick each other off til the two stongest is left.Fish school for protection,it's less likely in a system with no threat.In my case,I had three and there were no threats from larger,aggressive fish so they did not school but constantly fought.I guess that in this hobby it's more about shoaling then schooling.My anthias tend to shoal together when threatened and split up when not.

I wonder if they would do well in my 55g with strong flow. Did I ever mention, THAT I F'N HATE MY 55gallon, PROBABLY THE WORST GALLON TANK TO GO WITH!!!!!! AAAHHHHH..

Ok, aggression out, haha. I can't wait until I move and upgrade to a 120g.

oh good thing you guys posted this, I was thinking about going with a 55 gallon in the future, but now I guess I wont'.

I have 4 blue cromis that are great. Biffer' has 5 and was told once you should get an odd number of them. Get them young and they'll grow together. Mine are old now and big and they still school and I swear they "teach" the other fish to swim with them.

Back